Organic Chicken Soup Bones/Trim
100% Halal by Hand
No added Antibiotics or Hormones
100% Air Chilled
Make your own nutrient rich stock or bone broth with our certified organic chicken soup bones. As you cook the bones in water, mineral and nutrients leach out from the bones into your stock making it a far healthier option than the store bought versions that often contain MSG.
Sure it may take a long time for the broth to complete but you can make a big batch and freeze them in portions.
How to Make Bone Broth (you’ll need about 8 hours)
2 pounds (or more) of bones from a healthy source
2 stalks of celery
2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
Optional: 1 bunch of parsley, 1 tablespoon or more of sea salt, 1 teaspoon peppercorns, additional herbs or spices to taste. I also add 2 cloves of garlic for the last 30 minutes of cooking.
You’ll also need a large stock pot to cook the broth in and a strainer to remove the pieces when it is done.
- If you are using raw bones, especially beef bones, it improves flavor to roast them in the oven first. I place them in a roasting pan and roast for 30 minutes at 350.
- Then, place the bones in a large stock pot (I use a 5 gallon pot). Pour (filtered) water over the bones and add the vinegar. Let sit for 20-30 minutes in the cool water. The acid helps make the nutrients in the bones more available.
- Rough chop and add the vegetables (except the parsley and garlic, if using) to the pot. Add any salt, pepper, spices, or herbs, if using.
- Now, bring the broth to a boil. Once it has reached a vigorous boil, reduce to a simmer and simmer until done.
- During the first few hours of simmering, you’ll need to remove the impurities that float to the surface. A frothy/foamy layer will form and it can be easily scooped off with a big spoon. Throw this part away. I typically check it every 20 minutes for the first 2 hours to remove this. Grass-fed and healthy animals will produce much less of this than conventional animals.
- During the last 30 minutes, add the garlic and parsley, if using.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Strain using a fine metal strainer to remove all the bits of bone and vegetable. When cool enough, store in a gallon size glass jar in the fridge for up to 5 days, or freeze for later use.
Taken from Wellness Mama
Adams Certified Organic Halal Chicken
All Adams halal chickens are ethically raised on modern farms where their water and feed quality are constantly being monitored by their dedicated farmers. 100% of Adams halal chicken comes strictly from Canadian farms, so you never have to worry about imported chicken from countries with different regulations and practices then what’s approved here.
All Adams halal chicken is processed in federally/provincially inspected plants in Canada and is 100% Air-chilled, which retains more flavour and has much better texture. According to a study by the University of Nebraska, air-chilled chicken contains 80% less bacteria then their water-chilled counterparts. As a result of the water-chilling process, the chicken can absorb a lot of the water solution, which may be mixed with salt and chlorine…NO thanks!
Our certified organic halal chickens are raised with certified organic and non-GMO vegetable grain feed which consists of corn, wheat and soybean. They also contain no animal by-products or antibiotics.